BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your contract is with Matthew & Emma Pruen.
The following Terms shall have the meanings set out below when used in these Booking Conditions:
'we', 'our', ‘us’ means , ‘Matthew Pruen and/or Emma Pruen’;
'Retreat' means any workshop or personal coaching of any kind booked with Matthew Pruen and /or Emma Pruen by you or any person on your behalf.
'Force Majeure' means any circumstances which are unusual and/or unforeseeable which are beyond the control of Matthew Pruen and/or Emma Pruen the consequence of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, including (but not limited to) war or threat of war; riot; civil strife; hostilities; political unrest; government action; industrial dispute; natural or other disaster; nuclear incident; terrorist activity; weather conditions; closure of airports; fire; flood; drought; re-scheduling or cancellation of flights or alteration of the airline or aircraft type by an airline and technical problems with transportation and all similar events outside our control.
'Major Change' includes one or more of the following when made before the first day of the Retreat: (a). A change of venue for the whole or a major part of your Retreat, (b). A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification for the whole or a major part of your Retreat; (c) Cancellation of the Retreat due to the minimum number of participants not being met.
THESE CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL RETREATS AND GOVERN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MATTHEW AND EMMA PRUEN. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING.
1. Your Retreat Contract When a request to book is made, the 'lead name' on the booking request guarantees that he or she has the authority to accept and does accept on behalf of the party the terms of these booking conditions. When we receive your booking, we will send you an invoice. Payment is required in accordance with clause 5 below. After all appropriate payments have been made, we will send you an email confirming receipt of the payment and a binding agreement will come into existence between you and us. This contract is governed by the law of England &Wales , and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. It is important to check the email confirmation when you get it, or if booking late at the time of booking, that all the details are exactly as you requested. In the event of any discrepancy, please contact us immediately as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Prices and website accuracy The information and prices shown on the Website may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the Website information and prices at the time of loading, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us at the time of booking.
3. Passports, Visas and Health Documents It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We regret we cannot accept liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry contact documentation. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
4. Insurance it is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain the relevant insurance cover once the your booking has been confirmed by us. Please note the terms of clauses 7 and 8 below. We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Please read your policy and take it with you on the Retreat. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. Note the terms of
5. Paying for your Retreat
If booking more than four months in advance of the Retreat, 50% of the fee shown on the invoice we issue to you is due to reserve your place.
The full fee shown on the invoice is due not less than four weeks in advance of the Retreat.
At anytime during the period of four weeks in advance of the Retreat, your place is not confirmed until full payment has been made.
If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges set out in clause 7 may become payable. We accept payment by Paypal or bank transfer (account details provided on request) If you do not supply the correct credit or debit card billing address and/or cardholder information through Paypal, we reserve the right to cancel your Retreat if payment is declined or if you have supplied incorrect credit card information.
6. If you Change Your Booking If after our confirming receipt of payment by email you wish to change your Retreat in any way, we will do our utmost to make these changes, but it may not always be possible.
Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
7. If you Cancel your Retreat You, or any member of your party, may cancel your Retreat at any time. Written notification by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com AND by telephone +44(0)7508 920583 from the 'lead name' on the booking must be received. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation if you cancel the Retreat.
The following Retreat cancellation charges apply:
Cancellation 56+ days before the first day day of the Retreat – 50% of the deposit will be retained.
Cancellation days 28-56 days before the first day day of the Retreat– 50% of the full fee will be retained by us.
Cancellation 0-28 days before the first day day of the Retreat– 100% of the full fee will be retained by us.
Please note, if only some members of your party cancel, in addition to incurring the applicable cancellation charges, we will recalculate the Retreat cost for the remaining people in your party. You may have to pay the extra room charges such as single room supplements. In cases where cancellation charges made by our suppliers are higher than the cost of any deposit, we may pass the charge on to you. Please ask for full details and we will notify you of the specific charges applicable to your booking. Note: Certain arrangements may not be cancelled after they have been confirmed and any cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
8. If We Change or Cancel Your Retreat: We begin planning the arrangements we offer many months in advance and so we reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in Retreat details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We must also reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings at any time. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular Retreat is not reached we may have to cancel it. Most changes are minor but occasionally, we may have to make a Major Change. If we have to make a Major Change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(for Major Changes) accepting the changed arrangements or
Purchasing alternative arrangements from us, of a similar standard to those originally booked if available (if the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will ask you to pay the difference) or
Cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Flights must not be booked prior to a deposit or full payment being confirmed by us by standard email message. If flights have been booked and the Retreat is cancelled due to a Major Change or a Force Majeure, you will need to claim the cost of the flights from your insurer.
Due to the unpredictability of Force Majeure events we shall not be liable for any changes either before or during the Retreat, which in our opinion are necessary to protect your safety. In this event, we will offer you suitable alternative arrangements, or, if you do not travel, return the monies you have paid us.
Very rarely, we may be forced by Force Majeure to change or terminate your arrangements whilst you are en route for the Retreat. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any from our suppliers), pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
10. Behaviour When you book a Retreat with us you accept responsibility for the proper conduct for yourself and your party whilst on Retreat. If we or any other person in authority is of the reasonable opinion that you or any member of your party is behaving in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger or upset to any other person on the Retreat or damage to property, we will be entitled to terminate the Retreat of the person(s) concerned. The person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation and the Retreat and we will have no further responsibility to them including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. You will be responsible for making full payment for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party during your time away. Payment must be paid direct at the time to the service supplier concerned failing which, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
11. If You Have a Complaint In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your Retreat whilst away, you must immediately inform us or the supplier of the service(s) in question and complete a report form whilst at the Retreat. Most problems or complaints can be resolved while you are away, however if you remain dissatisfied, you must write to us within a reasonable period of time (we would suggest 28 days) of your return to your home giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. Your complaint should be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your booking information and all other relevant information. Please keep your email concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. If you fail to follow this procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst at the Retreat and this may affect your rights under this contract.
12. Our Liability to You (1) In respect of the Retreat : We promise that your Retreat arrangements will be made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. Further, we will be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment or carrying out work we had asked them to do.
(2) In respect of the Retreat: We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description whatsoever which results from: (a) The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or (b) The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your arrangements and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or (c) ’Force Majeure’ as defined above.
(3) We limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any claims you may make against us. The maximum amount we will have to pay you where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money) is £50 per person affected unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under this clause.
(4) Local Excursions/Activities/Events: We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our website. For example any excursion you book whilst on the Retreat, or any service or facility which your retreat venue or any other supplier agrees to provide for you. Excursions, tours, activities or other events that you may choose to book or pay for through our service or whilst you are on Retreat ("Local Events") are not part of your Retreat program provided by us and these terms and conditions do not apply. For any Local Event your contract will be with the supplier of that Local Event and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the Local Event or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the supplier. Please note that this position also includes all hazardous activities
(5) If you are dissatisfied in anyway with the Retreat, you must inform our representative as soon as possible and s/he will endeavour to meet your requirements although we are neither obliged to provide another Retreat nor provide any refund under any circumstances.
13. Data Protection/Privacy In order to process your booking and meet your requirements, we may have to pass your personal details on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. We would also like to hold your information (including any email address), where collected by us, for our own future marketing purposes (for example, to inform you of promotional/competition offers or to send you our brochure). If you do not wish to receive such approaches in future, please inform us as soon as possible.
14. Special Requests If you wish to make a special request, you must do so at the time of booking. We will try to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier but we cannot guarantee that requests will be met. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation email or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed. We are happy to advise and assist you in choosing a suitable Retreat. As some of the accommodation and venues featured may lack even the simplest facilities, such as ramps for wheelchairs, lifts etc, it is important that, when booking, you advise us of any disabilities and special requirements to make sure the Retreat meets your specific needs. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.